How did you get started in the industry? Before Hambrooks I was at a local garden centre - Keydell Nurseries...
Welcome to grow. The website for horticulture careers information.
Grow your career
Our world would be nothing without plants. They feed us, keep us warm and dry, clean our air and provide us with a beautiful, green environment to live in. Working with plants, from designing and building a new city park to developing new food crops can be incredibly rewarding and there is a wealth of career options to choose from. GROW Careers is your starting point to find out more.
Find a college
Garden designer and TV presenter Chris Beardshaw explains why he loves working in the horticultural industry and how he got into the profession. read on
How did you get started in the industry? I've always had an interest in the outdoor life so landscaping seemed...
How did you get started in the industry? Back in 1981, I started as an assistant groundsman at Wellington College...
How did you get started in the industry? I think of it more as an obsession than an industry, but...
- What is your typical day? It can be mixed. I may meet clients for the first time, discuss their...
Horticulture Career News
More postgraduate entomology students will be able to take advantage of a scholarship worth £4,000, thanks to an increase in...
Six colleges are drawing up designs for the Young Gardeners of the Year competition as the Ideal Home Show moves...
Nursery owner Tom Mitchell wants to take a YoungHort member on a planthunting trip to Bosnia and Montenegro.
First meeting due to be held as horticulture gains full representation in apprenticeship framework.
Wageningen University has enrolled the largest number of plant science students for 20 years - 56 joined this academic year.
Tell us what you think
Grow careers advice line
For information on courses and careers please call 0845 707 8007 (9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday) or email your query by clicking here:
- Garden Centre Department Manager - K267, Horticruitment
- £25,000, Middlesex
- Horticultural Marketing Co-Ordinator - V250, Horticruitment
- £20-£30K DOE, Essex
- Landscape Construction Supervisor, Ground Control
- Competitive salary + semi-annual bonuses + share options + vehicle, Scotland
- Under Gardeners x2 2522, Anders Plus
- 18-22k doe, Virginia Water, Surrey
- Client Support Executive, Passfield Data Systems Ltd
- £20,000 - £25,000 dependant on experience, Honiton, East Devon