How did you get started in the industry? Before Hambrooks I was at a local garden centre - Keydell Nurseries...
Welcome to grow. The website for horticulture careers information.
Grow your career
Our world would be nothing without plants. They feed us, keep us warm and dry, clean our air and provide us with a beautiful, green environment to live in. Working with plants, from designing and building a new city park to developing new food crops can be incredibly rewarding and there is a wealth of career options to choose from. GROW Careers is your starting point to find out more.
Find a college
Garden designer and TV presenter Chris Beardshaw explains why he loves working in the horticultural industry and how he got into the profession. read on
How did you get started in the industry? I've always had an interest in the outdoor life so landscaping seemed...
How did you get started in the industry? Back in 1981, I started as an assistant groundsman at Wellington College...
How did you get started in the industry? I think of it more as an obsession than an industry, but...
- What is your typical day? It can be mixed. I may meet clients for the first time, discuss their...
Horticulture Career News
Access to a horticulture bursary scheme worth £4,500 from the Horticultural Development Company (HDC) has been widened this year enabling...
Demolition machines moved into Pershore College today to clear the site ready for £5.8m redevelopment.
The HTA's head of horticulture Raoul Curtis-Machin has taken over the chairmanship of the Grow Careers initiative.
The Landscape Group has won two regional awards in this year's National Apprenticeship Awards.
The new £76m University of Greenwich's Department of Architecture and Landscape building is due to open on Monday (15 September),...
Tell us what you think
Grow careers advice line
For information on courses and careers please call 0845 707 8007 (9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday) or email your query by clicking here:
- Commercial Operations Director , Glendale Horticulture
- circa £55,000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Hard Landscape Foreman - H221, Horticruitment
- £21K - £31K DOE, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interior Landscape Technician - S080, Horticruitment
- £18K OTE 20K, W London to south coast area
- Experienced Garden Maintenance Operative 24007, Anders Plus
- Circa £24K + Van, Phone and Fuel allowance, West Molesey, Surrey
- Sir Henry and Lady Keswick, Smiths Gore
- Competitive, OARE HOUSE, NR MARLBOROUGH, WILTSHIRE